August 23-25, 2022 Lifeguard Instructor Course at CYO Camp in Occidental, CA
3 Seats Available
The Lifeguarding Instructor course trains candidates to teach American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills, and Waterfront Skills. Note: To teach Waterfront Skills, Lifeguarding instructors must possess a basic-level Waterfront Skills certificate.
In addition to the above courses, successful instructors will be certified to teach:
- Administering Emergency Oxygen (must hold certification in AEO)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Asthma Inhaler Training
- Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training
- California Child Care
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Hands-Only CPR
Once certified, Lifeguarding Instructors can complete an online bridge to teach the following American Red Cross programs:
- Babysitter's Training
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency Medical Response (with additional license/certification)
- First Aid/CPR/AED (lay responder)
- First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (California Title 22)
- Responding to Emergencies
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Wilderness & Remote First Aid
Prerequisites: Minimum age: 17 years, possess a current Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or an equivalent certificate from another organization, complete the online session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course, and complete the in-person precourse session.
Participants must complete all online portions prior to August 23, 2022 and attend all in-person classes. Physical instructor and participant manuals will be provided. Adult/pediatric resuscitation masks will be provided.
Location: CYO Camp and Retreat Center in Occidental, CA
Class Dates and Times:
Tuesday August 23: 9AM - 6PM
Wednesday August 24: 9AM - 6PM
Thursday August 25: 9AM - 6PM
Price is all inclusive. All materials are provided and instructor candidates will not pay any additional fees to the American Red Cross.
• 29 days or more BEFORE the start date of the class, 25% of fee is kept.
• 15-28 days BEFORE the start date of the class, 50% of fee is kept.
• 14 days or less BEFORE the start date of the class, 100% fee is kept.
• All transactions are subject to a $10 administration fee per person.
All refund requests must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.