May 2-3, 2020 American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor Course
4 Seats Available!
The newly revised CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers (CPRO) program trains individuals with a duty to act including lifeguards, EMS personnel, police, security personnel, firefighters and athletic trainers—to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, children and infants until more advanced medical personnel take over. This course is also intended for individuals serving in roles that would be called upon to provide support in an emergency. In order to participate in this instructor course you must possess a current basic-level certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course.
In addition to CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, successful instructors will be certified to teach:
- Administering Emergency Oxygen (must hold certification in AEO)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Asthma Inhaler Training
- Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training
Once certified, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer Instructors can complete an online bridge to teach the following American Red Cross programs:
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency Medical Response (with additional license/certification)
- First Aid/CPR/AED (lay responder)
- First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (California Title 22) (must hold basic-level certification in FAPSP)
- Wilderness & Remote First Aid (must hold basic-certification in WRFA)
Upon registration, it is important that you review and follow the directions in the e-mail sent as your registration confirmation. This is a blended learning course consisting of online content, a precourse skills session and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities. For more information, please reference the email you will receive after you register for this course.
Location: CYO Camp in Occidental, California
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday May 2nd: 9AM - 6PM
Sunday May 3rd: 9AM - 6PM
If you are in need of a basic-level certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers we are offering this on Friday May 1st. You will need to register for this course separately if you are interested in attending.
• 29 days or more BEFORE the start date of the class, 25% of fee is kept.
• 15-28 days BEFORE the start date of the class, 50% of fee is kept.
• 14 days or less BEFORE the start date of the class, 100% fee is kept.
• All transactions are subject to a $10 administration fee per person.
All refund requests must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.